MultiTerm 2024 crashes on importing 2024 XML termbase exports (at 87 or 92% progress)

Hi,

MultiTerm 2024 crashes on importing 2024 XML termbase exports (at 87 or 92% imported). While most of the time, the number of entries does increase afterwards, sometimes it seems it doesn't.

I have never had any issues when importing my wife's termbase exports up to now.

I have experimented with ticking and unticking the various import settings in MultiTerm, to no avail.

Best regards,

Sebastian Witte

Edited for missing word.
[edited by: Astrid Elke Witte at 1:31 PM (GMT 1) on 21 Sep 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello Sebastian,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with MultiTerm 2024. Based on your description, it seems like the problem occurs during the import process. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Ensure that you're running the latest version of MultiTerm. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 2: Try to import a smaller portion of the termbase to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, it might be that the size of the termbase is causing the problem.

Step 3: Check the XML file for any inconsistencies or errors. Sometimes, an error in the XML file can cause the import process to fail.

Step 4: If the problem persists, you might want to consider creating a new termbase and importing the entries there. Here's how you can do it:

- Open MultiTerm and create a new file-based termbase.

- Load the existing termbase file by locating the .xdt file you saved during the export process.

- Give the termbase a new name.

- Import the .xml file by clicking File -> Import & Export -> Import into Termbase.

- Choose a name and location for the exclusion file.

- Unselect Ignore sublanguages and select Allow over-complete entries.

- Wait for the import to complete and click Finish.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you continue to experience problems, please let us know.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • I have created a new termbase and imported all the exported entries from the old termbase into it. This has worked like a charm. I am now also able to import monthly termbase exports again without MultiTerm crashing out of the process. Case closed. 

emoji
Reply Children
No Data