Viewing idml files without InDesign

Does anyone know whether there is an app to view/read idml files without using Adobe InDesign?

I get packages created from idml files, at the moment I copy the entire target and paste it into Word as a final check. "Generate Target Translations" obviously recreates an idml file, which I can't open. As far as I know "Export files" doesn't offer any alternative options, such as Word (docx).

Any/all ideas welcome.

Parents Reply Children
  • Don't know is the honest answer ;-) The Studio Editor is a side-by-side bilingual display... I just find it useful to review a final document on its own, without reference to the source, which is how the end-reader/user will see it. By the way, how are the "Batch Tasks" ordered? There seems to be some kind of alphabetical order, with exceptions: Export files" and "Generate Target Translations" are together, which seems logical, then "Export for Bilingual Review"* is much further down.
    * I'm working in a Word source file project at the moment, would an idml project show something different, e.g. "Export for External Review"?