This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to save target content because "illustration was moved between paragraphs"

Hello! 

I've been working on a PDF document with lots of images and when I try to save the target content, I am unable to. The screen that appears says the following: Failed to save target content: The illustration <shape name="138352"> was moved between paragraphs.

I have moved said shape to the beginning of the paragraph in the target segment, but I am unable to move it in the source segment. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely, 

Elizabeth 

[locked by: Paul at 11:49 AM (GMT 1) on 20 Aug 2020]
Parents
  • Regardless the source, such error is caused by merging segments across paragraph breaks. One of the paragraphs has contained an image before merging. After the merging the image/illustration is moved to another paragraph. Usually you could see that due to new tags appearing in such merged paragraph.

When merging segments across paragraph breaks you always should try to generate a target file immediately after merging to make sure this works. And you should also try to open such target file in Word immediately - because even if target will be created it is also possible, that Word will not open it anymore.

• Hi Jerzy, 

Yes! You are right. I've been merging many segments in this document and this was definitely the source of the problem. I will take your advice for future PDF files, and I will try immediately generating the target file after merging segments to see if it works.

In this particular case, however, I left the two problematic segments unmerged because I am in a bit of a time crunch and I didn't have time to experiment ;-) 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback and advice greatly, Jerzy. Take care and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

Elizabeth 

• Hi Jerzy, 

Yes! You are right. I've been merging many segments in this document and this was definitely the source of the problem. I will take your advice for future PDF files, and I will try immediately generating the target file after merging segments to see if it works.

In this particular case, however, I left the two problematic segments unmerged because I am in a bit of a time crunch and I didn't have time to experiment ;-) 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback and advice greatly, Jerzy. Take care and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

Elizabeth 

Children
No Data