.txlf files in Studio 2021

I'm in the process of setting up Studio 2021, but I can't get the program to accept working with .txlf files. In the previous versions of the program, I only had to add ;*.txlf under the XLIFF settings, but this doesn't seem to work with the 2021 version. Please, help me to resolve this.

Parents Reply
  •  

I don't have a direct link!  I'm sure I have explained this many times over the years but I would have tried to address the question around this at the time and don't have a generic "this is how to handle a TXLF".

I suggest you try the simple approach first and just add *.txlf to the filetype settings for XLIFF so that you can open the TXLF with the default XLIFF filetype.  You would do that here:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Options dialog showing XLIFF file type settings with a red arrow pointing to the File dialog wildcard expression field containing '*.xlf;*.xliff;*.xltz;*.txlf'.

Make sure you do this in the project template you intend to use for your project BEFORE you create your project.

If that doesn't help please create a new thread so we can be clear about the questions and hopefully find a way forward for you.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:51 AM (GMT 1) on 15 Aug 2024]
Children