SDL Trados Studio 2021, version 16.0.1.2917 crashes frequently while working on the editor

After installing SDL Trados Studio 2021, currently running version 16.0.1.2917, the app keeps crashing while working on the editor on translation mode without error messages. In a good day, the app crashes once or twice, but for example, today it has crashed 10 times (about once every 45 minutes or less). Any solutions?

Parents
  • Hi 

I find that turning off any 'extra' functionality that I don't use prevents this from happening.

For example, I don't use fragment matching/match repair...

So, here in Project settings I turn this off:

Trados Studio Project Settings window showing Match Repair options turned off.

Or if you don't work with projects, i.e. 'Translate Single File', turn off the same settings under File>Options

(Individual project settings always overrule the same settings made under File>Options)

I also close the Fragment Matches window in Editor. Most of my work as a proofreader is done in Review mode so I don't need Fragment matches...

If you don't want to turn off Match Repair or Fragment matching, you can still turn off LookAhead via File>Options, here:

Trados Studio File Options window with LookAhead and other settings turned off.

What I'm saying basically is... turning off anything you don't need/use makes the software more streamlined, efficient and stable.

If the above doesn't help, it could be that the instability is caused by Studio not being installed in your current environment to the optimum, in which case, take a look at the options here:

Repairing your installation

I hope this helps,

All the best

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:54 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
  • Hi 

I find that turning off any 'extra' functionality that I don't use prevents this from happening.

For example, I don't use fragment matching/match repair...

So, here in Project settings I turn this off:

Trados Studio Project Settings window showing Match Repair options turned off.

Or if you don't work with projects, i.e. 'Translate Single File', turn off the same settings under File>Options

(Individual project settings always overrule the same settings made under File>Options)

I also close the Fragment Matches window in Editor. Most of my work as a proofreader is done in Review mode so I don't need Fragment matches...

If you don't want to turn off Match Repair or Fragment matching, you can still turn off LookAhead via File>Options, here:

Trados Studio File Options window with LookAhead and other settings turned off.

What I'm saying basically is... turning off anything you don't need/use makes the software more streamlined, efficient and stable.

If the above doesn't help, it could be that the instability is caused by Studio not being installed in your current environment to the optimum, in which case, take a look at the options here:

Repairing your installation

I hope this helps,

All the best

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:54 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
Children