Confirming segments take extremely long time

I am having an issue with confirming segments in Studio 2019 on my new laptop. It takes at least 25 seconds to confirm longer segments, shorter works fine. I never had this problem with my old laptop.

Parents
  • Hi Lisa,

It will speed up your confirming of segments if you untick the boxes I've highlighted in yellow below via File>Options>Editor>Automation:

Trados Studio options window with 'Translation Memory' and 'After Confirming Segments Manually' sections. Two checkboxes highlighted in yellow: 'Enable LookAhead' and 'Enable verification of segment'.

Unticking 'Translation Memory > Enable LookAhead' will turn off the function that looks at the next 3 segments ready for searching the TM. This feature is only useful if you have a really fast computer.

Unticking 'After Confirming Segments Manually > Enable verification of segment' prevents the automatic verification of each segment as you confirm it. You can perform a global verification at the end of your translation. Performing a verification (as ticked in your Project Settings under 'Verification') slows you down in 2 ways: It slows the confirmation process down because the software is analysing and it slows you down if you stop to look at why something has been flagged up.

I hope this helps...

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:00 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Hi Lisa,

It will speed up your confirming of segments if you untick the boxes I've highlighted in yellow below via File>Options>Editor>Automation:

Trados Studio options window with 'Translation Memory' and 'After Confirming Segments Manually' sections. Two checkboxes highlighted in yellow: 'Enable LookAhead' and 'Enable verification of segment'.

Unticking 'Translation Memory > Enable LookAhead' will turn off the function that looks at the next 3 segments ready for searching the TM. This feature is only useful if you have a really fast computer.

Unticking 'After Confirming Segments Manually > Enable verification of segment' prevents the automatic verification of each segment as you confirm it. You can perform a global verification at the end of your translation. Performing a verification (as ticked in your Project Settings under 'Verification') slows you down in 2 ways: It slows the confirmation process down because the software is analysing and it slows you down if you stop to look at why something has been flagged up.

I hope this helps...

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:00 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children