Since upgrading from 2019 to 2021, I haven't been able to open up a Studio _return_ pkg.

Ever since I upgraded from 2019 to 2021(1 month ago), I haven't been able to open up a Studio _return_ pkg. When I double-click on the return pkg, Studio opens a new instance and takes me to my project list. This never happened to me with any of my previous versions of Studio.

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Michelle,

When a problem occurs after an upgrade or update, the first thing to try is a Windows Repair of Studio (and MultiTerm components depending on what the problem is). This will repair software connections by checking for and replacing anything that is missing from their setup, for example.

Here is how:

1. Close all SDL applications.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features
      • - or type 'Control Panel' in the search line on your bottom Windows toolbar.
    3. Click/highlight the relevant SDL product from the list (e.g. SDL Trados Studio 2021 etc) and click 'Uninstall/Change' either on the top toolbar or on the right-click dropdown menu (or just 'Repair' for MultiTerm), then select > Yes > Repair. Allow it to run. This will take longer for Studio than for the 3 main components of MultiTerm. Do NOT repair 'Remove suite of products' entries. These are only for uninstalling.
    4. Restart Studio/MultiTerm.

There are further options here:

Repairing your installation of Trados Studio

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji
  • Hi Michelle,

When a problem occurs after an upgrade or update, the first thing to try is a Windows Repair of Studio (and MultiTerm components depending on what the problem is). This will repair software connections by checking for and replacing anything that is missing from their setup, for example.

Here is how:

1. Close all SDL applications.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features
      • - or type 'Control Panel' in the search line on your bottom Windows toolbar.
    3. Click/highlight the relevant SDL product from the list (e.g. SDL Trados Studio 2021 etc) and click 'Uninstall/Change' either on the top toolbar or on the right-click dropdown menu (or just 'Repair' for MultiTerm), then select > Yes > Repair. Allow it to run. This will take longer for Studio than for the 3 main components of MultiTerm. Do NOT repair 'Remove suite of products' entries. These are only for uninstalling.
    4. Restart Studio/MultiTerm.

There are further options here:

Repairing your installation of Trados Studio

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji
Children