Not receiving source file in packages

Hello,

A client has been sending me packages. She's attaching the source file in the package, but I'm not receiving it. I only receive the sdlxliff file.

I'm running Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.8.4404

Can you help me figure out why this is happening?

Thank you!

Mónica

emoji
Parents
  • If they have an older version of Studio than Trados Studio 2021 SR1 CU7 (you have SR1 CU8) then it's because they didn't take steps to ensure it was included, either in purpose or because they simply don't know.  In earlier versions you need to make sure the slider is set to ensure the source file is embedded with the sdlxliff file when you create your project:

Trados Studio options menu with a highlighted setting for 'Maximum embedded file size (MB): 20' and a note saying 'Set this to accommodate the size of the source files'.

In later versions if the embedded settings isn't large enough, or the file is too large even when the setting is 100Mb, the source file will automatically be included in the project.  In the older ones the project manager will need to send you the source file separately if it's not embedded.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:04 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  •  I have the contrary issue with version 2021. I do not want the source file to be included, because they are too big (over 300MB each, so the package is 725 MB in size. I removed manually the source files from the project package and its size is now 1.5 MB. But the vendor is not able to open the package due to lack of those files.
    Two SDL Trados Studio project files listed with file sizes, the first being 1,490 KB and the second 725,251 KB.
    How to proceed with this situation?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 1:48 PM (GMT 1) on 23 Jul 2024]
Reply Children