Studio 2022 - Object reference error when trying to confirm segments after installation of Multilingual Excel filetype

Hi all,

I installed Studio 2022 for a colleague and downloaded and installed the Multilingual Excel filetype for him. His Studio version is 17.0.6.14902. I downloaded and installed the Multilingual Excel filetype from the wiki because it was mentioned that the one in the AppStore is only for SR1 (which has not been released yet if I understand correctly). Studio did start, but when trying to confirm a segment, the infamous "Object reference..." error is displayed.

I then noticed via notifications that a new version of the Multilingual Excel app was available. I installed it, but the error is still displayed.

When we disabled the app, everything was back to normal. 

Are we missing something? Do we have to wait until SR1 is released?

Thanks

Best regards

Annette (from Manfred's account)

emoji
  •  

Hmnn...

I downloaded and installed the Multilingual Excel filetype from the wiki because it was mentioned that the one in the AppStore is only for SR1 (which has not been released yet if I understand correctly).

I think you have misunderstood this.  The wiki says this:

Version 1.0.7.0 for Studio 2022

• Updated plugin manifest to ensure that the plugin will not attempt to install into Trados Studio 2022 SR1. This is important because the SR1 release contains breaking changes that will cause this version of the plugin to prevent Studio from starting. There will be a further update of this plugin specifically for the 2022 SR1 release either alongside, or shortly after SR1 is made publicly available.

No where does this say it's intended for SR1.  In fact it says this "There will be a further update of this plugin specifically for the 2022 SR1 release either alongside, or shortly after SR1 is made publicly available."

I then noticed via notifications that a new version of the Multilingual Excel app was available. I installed it, but the error is still displayed.

The notification would be to install the very one you decided not to install! But by now you have installed something that seems to have broken Studio so I suggest you close Studio and delete these:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Packages\Multilingual Excel FileType.sdlplugin

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins\Unpacked\Multilingual Excel FileType\

Then download and install the latest one from the appstore.

emoji
  • Dear  ,

Thank you so much for answering so late in the evening.

You are right - I had obviously not read the wiki info carefully enough. Now, I did as you wrote and installed the plugin from the appstore. The error is gone.

My colleague will be delighted because he urgently needs this helpful filetype.

Have a great Sunday!

Best regards

Annette (from Manfred's account)

emoji