Studio 2019: Error message at startup: there is an unclosed string literal in the XML document (14135,98)

Hello Trados Community.

I have to deliver a project on Monday morning, October 9. I need urgently help

But I can no longer open my Studio 2019 version and therefore open my project too.

I have this rrror message at startup:

there is an unclosed string literal in the XML document (14135,98)

I've made absolutely no changes to my project parameters.

Who can help me to fix this issue?

Kind regards

Micha Di Moro

emoji
Parents
  •  

Could be caused by working with OneDrive for example and having your projects file in a OneDrive folder... so if this is the case you should think about addressing that.

In the meantime:

1. Go to C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Studio 2019\Projects
    2. Rename Projects.xml to Projects_old.xml
    3. Re-open SDL Trados Studio 

You will have to open your projects again by using the Open Project command (Ctrl+O) and selecting each project you are working on to bring them back into the Studio interface.  But your project won't be lost, it'll just be removed from the UI until you open it again.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Could be caused by working with OneDrive for example and having your projects file in a OneDrive folder... so if this is the case you should think about addressing that.

In the meantime:

1. Go to C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Studio 2019\Projects
    2. Rename Projects.xml to Projects_old.xml
    3. Re-open SDL Trados Studio 

You will have to open your projects again by using the Open Project command (Ctrl+O) and selecting each project you are working on to bring them back into the Studio interface.  But your project won't be lost, it'll just be removed from the UI until you open it again.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children