Project list does not show on Trados Studio 2022 upgraded from Trados Studio 2019

This question has already been discussed about with Studio 2021. It happened to me when upgraded from Studio 2019 to 2022. The problem is that C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Studio 2021\Projects is empty and I don't know where project.xml is. 

Also, the server list in GruopShare disappeared. These problems never happened while upgrading from previous versions.

Surprisingly, Studio 2019 still works while the instructions of the upgrade warn that it won't.

Thanks in advance,

Dudu Koren

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Dudu Koren,

I understand that you're having trouble with your project list not showing up in Trados Studio 2022 after upgrading from Trados Studio 2019, and your GroupShare server list disappearing. I'm here to help you resolve this issue.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: Locate and rename the file called 'projects.xml' in the following directory: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Studio 2022\Projects. You can rename it to something like 'projects_old.xml'.

Step 3: Find and rename the folder named 'SDLTradosStudio.exe' in this directory: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\RWS\Platform\Identity. You can rename it to 'SDLTradosStudio_old.exe'.

Step 4: Restart Trados Studio 2022.

Step 5: Go to File -> Setup -> Servers and re-add the connection to your GroupShare server.

Step 6: Try to open your project again in a new empty folder.

Please note that these steps are similar to the ones you've seen for Studio 2021, but the paths have been updated for Studio 2022.

As for Trados Studio 2019 still working after the upgrade, it's not uncommon for previous versions to continue functioning, but it's recommended to use the latest version for optimal performance and features.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Dudu Koren,

I understand that you're having trouble with your project list not showing up in Trados Studio 2022 after upgrading from Trados Studio 2019, and your GroupShare server list disappearing. I'm here to help you resolve this issue.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: Locate and rename the file called 'projects.xml' in the following directory: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Studio 2022\Projects. You can rename it to something like 'projects_old.xml'.

Step 3: Find and rename the folder named 'SDLTradosStudio.exe' in this directory: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\RWS\Platform\Identity. You can rename it to 'SDLTradosStudio_old.exe'.

Step 4: Restart Trados Studio 2022.

Step 5: Go to File -> Setup -> Servers and re-add the connection to your GroupShare server.

Step 6: Try to open your project again in a new empty folder.

Please note that these steps are similar to the ones you've seen for Studio 2021, but the paths have been updated for Studio 2022.

As for Trados Studio 2019 still working after the upgrade, it's not uncommon for previous versions to continue functioning, but it's recommended to use the latest version for optimal performance and features.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children