Errors "Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started" and "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I downloaded Multilingual Excel FileType plugin, I restarted Trados Studio 2022 but these two errors came up:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross icon, stating 'Reference to an object not set to an instance of an object.' with options for Knowledge Base and Community.Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross icon, stating 'Unable to start service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService'.' with options for Knowledge Base and Community.

Now I am unable to use Trados. What procedure should I follow?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:13 PM (GMT 0) on 27 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022. Based on the error messages you're receiving, it seems like there might be a conflict with your antivirus program. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Add the Trados Studio installation folder as an exception to your antivirus program. The path for Trados Studio 2022 on a 64-bit Windows OS is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17

Step 2: If the issue persists, you can try restoring the original *.dll file from the antivirus quarantine folder.

Step 3: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you might need to run a repair installation of Trados Studio. Here's how to do it:

- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.

- Locate and highlight the Trados Studio entry.

- Right-click on Trados Studio and select the Uninstall/Change option.

- Click Repair to start the repair installation.

Please note that these steps are based on the information provided in the context and might not cover all possible scenarios. If you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, it would be best to seek further assistance from the RWS Support Team.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • I've tried following these instructions, but it hasn't helped. I can't see any files in the antivirus quarantine folder.

I am afraid I will need further assistance from the RWS support team.

emoji
Reply Children