NMT does not function

Hello,

I'd like to use NMT but it doesn't work.

I checked all the settings, I'm logged in, I watched several videos. Everything looks fine, but i have no automatic NMT suggestions. Any ideas of the origin of this problem, please ?

Thanks a lot ! Best,

Pia

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Pia,

It seems like you've done a great job checking all the settings and ensuring you're logged in. However, if you're not receiving automatic NMT suggestions, it could be due to a few reasons. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that you have added a Machine Translation/NMT engine to your project. You can do this by going to the Settings tab of your project on the Trados Live / Language Cloud website.

Step 2: Check if the NMT engine is enabled in your project settings. If it's not, enable it and try again.

Step 3: Make sure that your project language pairs match the languages supported by the NMT engine. If they don't match, you won't receive any suggestions.

Step 4: If you're still not receiving suggestions, it might be worth checking if there are any updates available for your Trados Studio software. Sometimes, updating to the latest version can resolve such issues.

If you've followed all these steps and are still experiencing problems, it might be a more complex issue that needs further investigation.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • I checked and completed steps 2 to 4. Regarding step 1 I don't understand how to go from the settings tab to the Trados Live website.

It still does not work.

emoji
Reply Children