Trados fails to reflect numerical values in the target segment

Trados recognizes the numerical value in my source language segment, but instead of inserting that numerical value, Trados applies a different translation unit from my TM. How do I fix this so that the suggested translation reflects the numerical value in each source language segment.

Here is an example of what I am struggling with translating from Japanese to English.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a source segment with the number 800 underlined in Japanese, and a target segment with a mismatched translation unit displaying 900 B.

In the source segment, the "800" is underlined, so I know Trados recognizes this as a numerical value, but instead of applying that numerical value to the translation, it inserts the closest match from my translation memory, as you can see below.

By the way, if you are wondering why I have added a space before and after in the numerical value in my translations, it is because Trados seems to need a space before and after the numerical value to recognize it as a numerical value in my translation memory. Without the space, Trados seems unable to tie it back to the source numerical value, even if I use control + comma to insert the numerical value into my target segment.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface with a list of translation units. The source segment with the number 800 is highlighted, and suggested translations include mismatched numbers like 900, 110, +404, and +31 followed by B.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:41 PM (GMT 1) on 9 May 2024]
emoji