Main TM is not be looked up when project TM is enabled?

I noticed this behavior and i'm not sure if it is intended, when project TM is enabled, in the editor, "translation results" and "fragment matches" tabs show that only the project TM is enabled. i.e. Translation Results - Project name_TM name, while "concordance search" shows both the main TM and the project TM. 

Trados returns a lot of fragment matches from the main TM if I disable the project TM, and there are almost no fragment matches when i have the project TM enabled. Proving that indeed only project TM is looked up.

This is very counter productive if it's the intended behavior of project TM, or did I miss something that I need to set up to have it look up both the main TM and the project TM?

emoji
Parents
  •  

Apologies for the very late response to this post.  I'm not sure if you have an answer to it yet, but my take (without testing) is that this is most likely intended behaviour.  The reason for this is that the Project TM is an extract from your Main TM and the main use case would be that it's a TM that is shared with another when you create a project package.  There would be little point in creating one for your own use since you have the Main TM already so why do that?

If you want to have a scratch pad TM then I would just create a new one, add it to my project, disable update on the Main TM for now and look up only.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Apologies for the very late response to this post.  I'm not sure if you have an answer to it yet, but my take (without testing) is that this is most likely intended behaviour.  The reason for this is that the Project TM is an extract from your Main TM and the main use case would be that it's a TM that is shared with another when you create a project package.  There would be little point in creating one for your own use since you have the Main TM already so why do that?

If you want to have a scratch pad TM then I would just create a new one, add it to my project, disable update on the Main TM for now and look up only.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data