The termbase of Trados Studio 2022 can not work

The termbase of Trados Studio 2022 can not work

My termbase in Trados Studio 2022 is unusable and can not work. Please refer to the issue demonstrated in the following video.

The termbase cannot add new terms, does not suggest terms, and cannot verify terms under the "verify" function.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Trados Studio 2022 and MultiTerm, but the issue remains unresolved.

This seems to be a problem with the Trados Studio 2022 software.

SDLXLIFF files, translation memories, and termbases are fundamental features of Trados Studio. We hope that after so many years of development, these basic features can finally become stable and free of bugs and malfunctions.

I did not encounter the above issues with my previous versions of Trados Studio 2019 and 2022. I recently upgraded to Trados 2022, and problems have been constant.

I would appreciate if you could find the reason and provide a solution as soon as possible. Thank you.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having issues with your termbase in Trados Studio 2022. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you. Let's try to resolve this issue together.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Step 1: Check if there are any updates for your Windows OS. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar, then select that option when it appears.

Step 2: Install any pending updates that are found.

Step 3: Restart your computer. If necessary, repeat steps 1-3.

Step 4: Repair Trados Studio and MultiTerm from the Control Panel. You can refer to the articles "Repairing your installation of Trados Studio" and "Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop" for guidance.

Step 5: Change the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simpler, without special characters, if applicable.

If the issue persists after following these steps, it might be a more complex problem that requires further investigation. Unfortunately, I can't provide direct support, but I recommend reaching out to the RWS Support Team for further assistance.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • about : 

Step 1: Check if there are any updates for your Windows OS. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar, then select that option when it appears.

answer: it is the latest window 11 version

answer: this is trados 2022, which has been released for 2 years. I though all the bug has been fixed. it is the latest version from my RWS account 

answer: no use. 

Step 4: Repair Trados Studio and MultiTerm from the Control Panel. You can refer to the articles "Repairing your installation of Trados Studio" and "Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop" for guidance.

answer: how to repair them. I have uninstalled and re-installed for several times. it did not help. 

Step 5: Change the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simpler, without special characters, if applicable.

answer: I think the folder is ok. since termsbase will work if I unable all the tranlation memory. 

I need more professional help, please. 

emoji
  • about : 

answer: it is the latest window 11 version

answer: this is trados 2022, which has been released for 2 years. I though all the bug has been fixed. it is the latest version from my RWS account 

answer: no use. 

answer: how to repair them. I have uninstalled and re-installed for several times. it did not help. 

answer: I think the folder is ok. since termsbase will work if I unable all the tranlation memory. 

I need more professional help, please. 

emoji
Children
No Data