bugs and problems with trados studio 2022 “ verify” and “export to excel“ plug-in and more.

Please see the vedio

Issue 1:

The "verify" function in Trados Studio 2022 still provides false error reports even in places where the terminology has already been used.

Issue 2:

The numerical verification feature of the "verify" function in Trados Studio 2022 is flawed, as it cannot detect missing numbers in translations.

Issue 3:

The "export to Excel" plugin has been repeatedly installed multiple times, even reinstalled separately from the RWS AppStore, but it still does not appear in the batch task list.

Issue 4:

It is unclear what the "test task" plugin is, and there is no method to uninstall it. Once selected, this plugin causes Trados Studio to repeatedly display the following prompt and crash, closing automatically. It is recommended that the RWS community establish strict testing, review, and admission mechanisms for all plugins on the platform. Any plugins that may cause issues with Trados Studio should not be released to mislead users into downloading and using them, as this can create problems and impact translation work.

We hope that these basic functionality issues will not appear in Trados Studio 2024, and that each new version brings substantial quality improvements and performance upgrades for all users.

Screenshot of Trados Studio with an error dialog box stating 'A task was canceled.'

corrected the video format
[edited by: Satish Kumar at 5:44 AM (GMT 1) on 31 May 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •   

Thank you for taking the time to create this post.  But I would like to ask that you create separate posts for each issue, and always provide sample files to help someone work with them.  It's not always easy for us to reproduce this stuff as we don't speak every language that our users translate so mocking up the files to test against can be a bit of an unnecessary challenge.  Fortunately we have AI today and it's got a lot easier, but it would still be helpful to have something we can use rather than just images.  There is also the issue of other settings you might have as well as a myriad of other potential conflicts so these things can be quite tricky to nail down.

Notwithstanding that if I want to raise this with the technical support team I cannot because we have an automated solution to convert one thread to one issue.  So if you create a thread with multiple issues I cannot do that.

However, let's take your items one at a time.

Term Recognition

I have mocked up your file, created a termbase, added the same term as you, but I cannot reproduce the problem.  We would need to have your project to be able to figure out what might be happening here.  Clearly there is some influence from other factors that I am not replicating so it's not going to be as straightforward as you have shown it here.  Very happy to investigate further if you can share your project?

Number Recognition

Your problem here is that this is not seen as a number.  In Trados Studio, "4-Φ5" would be considered an alphanumeric placeable.  This is because it contains both numerical (4 and 5) and non-numerical (Φ) characters, making it a mixed alphanumeric string rather than a simple number.  Trados Studio identifies such strings as placeables to ensure they are correctly preserved and managed during the translation process.

The way to handle this is to use a custom rule and I explained in the following video:

Export to Excel Plugin

The problem here seems to be incorrect labelling of the plugin for the Add-Ins -> Plug-ins menu.  If I install Export to Excel (which I do as I use this often) it adds the "TestTask" instead of using the correct label "Export to Excel".  To be honest I have never noticed this as I rarely, if ever, use that menu.  But I also see the same thing when I test with this plugin.  I think the reason the task is missing for you is because you deactivated the "TestTask".  If I do that the batch task disappears for me as well... but no surprise since this is the "Export to Excel" plugin.  So to get the task back just activate it again.

I'm glad you pointed this out as it might be something that affects other plugins as well and we have simply never noticed.  It doesn't affect the operation of the plugin at all.  But we should definitely fix it, so I have logged this with the AppStore Team to fix.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Dear Mr. Paul

We are so glad to have you in RWS community. 

issue 2 ,  you are right. 

issue 3, you are right .  

Regarding issue 1, Since the termbase and the project contain some confidential information, but I can share you in private for your analysis. Could you please provide your email address to me, or just send an email to me , then I can send all the related documents to you. 

My Email: edward-zhong@outlook.com

Thank you very much. 

Best regards

Jack.

emoji
  •  

I dropped you an email and have closed this thread as I think the issues raised are all answered.  We can investigate your specific problem off thread.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Reply Children
No Data