Could not connect to the termbase

I am trying to connect the termbase my client sent me, but Trados says: Could not connect to the terminology provider termbase, so you cannot use it for term recognition. I´ve already tried uninstalling and installing Trados 2022 again and naming old folders, and nothing works.

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble connecting to the termbase in Trados Studio 2022. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists. Here are a few more steps you can try:

Step 1: Check the Termbase Path

Ensure that the path to the termbase is correct. If the termbase is located on a network drive, make sure you have the right permissions to access it.

Step 2: Update Trados Studio

Ensure that your Trados Studio 2022 is up-to-date. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 3: Check the Termbase Settings

In Trados Studio, go to Project Settings > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Termbases. Make sure the correct termbase is added and the settings are correct.

Step 4: Re-register the Termbase

Try to re-register the termbase in Trados Studio. Remove the termbase from the project settings, then add it again.

Step 5: Check the Termbase in MultiTerm

Since you mentioned that you can open the termbase in MultiTerm, try to check if there are any issues with the termbase itself. If possible, ask your client to send you the termbase again.

If none of these steps work, it might be a more complex issue that requires further investigation. In such a case, it would be best to contact the RWS Support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji