Studio 2022 crashes repeatedly: "New content cannot be inserted inside locked content"

My Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084 crashes repeatedly when I paste (CTRL + v) content into random segments that are not locked. I get the following message and then must reboot Trados:

Error dialog box with a red cross icon saying 'New content cannot be inserted inside locked content.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

The last segment where Trados crashed looked like this:

Trados Studio interface showing a segment of text in two languages, with a warning icon indicating a 99% match next to the target language text.

What can I do to prevent those crashes?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:03 AM (GMT 1) on 7 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Can you be more specific about how you are doing this?  It definitely should not error, but it would help to determine why if we could reproduce it.  So for example, are you selecting all the content in the target segment and pasting?  Is the segment empty before you paste?  Are you trying to paste across multiple segments?

Any detail, or better still a short video, would be helpful.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hello Paul, thanks for reaching out.

I am currently unable to replicate this, even on the segment I referenced (61). I keep pasting things in different ways and it's not crashing. In addition, I'm done working on the document and unwilling to shoot a video for long enough for thecrash to occur again. I can provide the files you find that helpful. 

Additional information, idk how relevant

- I had track changes on,

- perhaps with no markup showing.

- Perhaps I was pasting over some previously deleted or added passages.

- After generating the target Word document, I also found some content controls in it, but not in what came out of Segment 61.

- While I was still working in Trados, I avoided the crashes by not pasting over existing text - instead I cut old text and then I pasted new text next to it.

emoji
  • Hello Paul, thanks for reaching out.

I am currently unable to replicate this, even on the segment I referenced (61). I keep pasting things in different ways and it's not crashing. In addition, I'm done working on the document and unwilling to shoot a video for long enough for thecrash to occur again. I can provide the files you find that helpful. 

Additional information, idk how relevant

- I had track changes on,

- perhaps with no markup showing.

- Perhaps I was pasting over some previously deleted or added passages.

- After generating the target Word document, I also found some content controls in it, but not in what came out of Segment 61.

- While I was still working in Trados, I avoided the crashes by not pasting over existing text - instead I cut old text and then I pasted new text next to it.

emoji
Children
No Data