Error when creating a new project "file can not be found"

Hello,

One on my prjoect managers has an error from time to time.

This was already the case with the previous version of Trados, and kept going once he updated to Trados 2022

When she creates a new project, she adds a source doc into the project, adds a path to the TAO foder in her project, adds the TM, Tb but when she starts the project she receives an error stating that the source file in her TAO folder can not be found even though it exists. Then Studio crashes

Sometimes she does not have this issue and sometimes she can not work for 15 minutes as the bug keeps on coming back.

We tried to set a diferent path in another folder but is does not change the error.

Can you help ? 

Thank you !Screenshot of Trados Studio error message. A file path is highlighted showing a missing source document 'Code de conduite SEBIA.docx' in the TAO folder, with an error dialog box stating the file is not found.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 8:57 AM (GMT 1) on 13 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • [14:40] Frédéric BERNIER | LEGAL 230

Hi,
    Thanks for your help.
    In fact this is already the case. The  address \\192.168.150.10\commun is mapped to Z:\COMMUN when will log into the RDS serveur.

The fact that the error message mentions \\192.168.150.10\commun rather than Z:\COMMUN is depending from where you have provided the link to the file to Trados.

With the file manager, if you use the My pc: Z:\COMMUN\... tree directory then Z: will be delivered to Trados. If you use Network \\192.168.150.10\commun tree directory then \\192.168.150.10\commun will be delivered to Trados.

I do not know if this can be a track to follow. I will try to change the source address when the error will occurs in the future to see if this has an impact.

emoji
  • [14:40] Frédéric BERNIER | LEGAL 230

Hi,
    Thanks for your help.
    In fact this is already the case. The  address \\192.168.150.10\commun is mapped to Z:\COMMUN when will log into the RDS serveur.

The fact that the error message mentions \\192.168.150.10\commun rather than Z:\COMMUN is depending from where you have provided the link to the file to Trados.

With the file manager, if you use the My pc: Z:\COMMUN\... tree directory then Z: will be delivered to Trados. If you use Network \\192.168.150.10\commun tree directory then \\192.168.150.10\commun will be delivered to Trados.

I do not know if this can be a track to follow. I will try to change the source address when the error will occurs in the future to see if this has an impact.

emoji
Children