Bookmarks in multiple file view: normal behaviour from Studio 2022?

Hello,

Having recently upgraded from Studio 2019 to 2022, I notice that 2022 does not handle bookmarks as well as its ancestor.

With 2019, with multiple files open, if I added a bookmark in one of the files, I could find my place when I came back to work and opened the files once again.

2022 takes me to the first segment with that segment number, typically the segment in the first file in the list, which is not necessarily what I am looking for.

Having used this feature extensively in 2017 and 2019, I'm a bit surprised to see it fail to do its job in 2022.

Am I missing something?

MTIA,

Meenal

emoji
  •  

Apologies... a bit of a late reply!!

I tested this in 2024 and indeed the behaviour is exactly as you have noted.  This doesn't matter whether you open the files in a virtual merge or if you open them as three separate tabs, the bookmark is not remembering which file this applied to, and it just takes you to the first segment with that number and this will most likely be the first file.

I'll log this with the support team so we can confirm a bug number for resolution.  I'll let you know the number when I get it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji