Saving the target file so it converts back to a pdf

I have Studio 2021.

I uploaded a pdf file and translated it. When I save the target text, it saves as a Word file and all the pdf-formatting is lost.

How can I save the target text so that is converts back to a pdf?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

You're correct in your understanding. When you import a PDF file into Trados Studio 2021, the software automatically converts it into a DOCX format for translation. This is because Trados Studio is designed to work with editable text formats, and PDFs are typically not editable in the same way.

When you save your translated work, it will be in the DOCX format. However, you can easily convert this DOCX file back to a PDF using any word processing software that supports this function, such as Microsoft Word. Here's a simple step-by-step guide:

Step 1: Open the translated DOCX file in your word processing software.

Step 2: Click on the "File" menu.

Step 3: Select "Save As" or "Export" (the exact wording may vary depending on your software).

Step 4: Choose "PDF" as the file format.

Step 5: Click "Save" or "Export".

This will create a PDF version of your translated document. Please note that the formatting of the PDF will depend on the original DOCX file, and some adjustments may be necessary to achieve the desired layout.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions about using Trados Studio, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

You're correct in your understanding. When you import a PDF file into Trados Studio 2021, the software automatically converts it into a DOCX format for translation. This is because Trados Studio is designed to work with editable text formats, and PDFs are typically not editable in the same way.

When you save your translated work, it will be in the DOCX format. However, you can easily convert this DOCX file back to a PDF using any word processing software that supports this function, such as Microsoft Word. Here's a simple step-by-step guide:

Step 1: Open the translated DOCX file in your word processing software.

Step 2: Click on the "File" menu.

Step 3: Select "Save As" or "Export" (the exact wording may vary depending on your software).

Step 4: Choose "PDF" as the file format.

Step 5: Click "Save" or "Export".

This will create a PDF version of your translated document. Please note that the formatting of the PDF will depend on the original DOCX file, and some adjustments may be necessary to achieve the desired layout.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions about using Trados Studio, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children