Can not activate subscription

The error image indicates that the "Subscription Freelance" edition of Trados Studio does not function on domain-based networks. But my network is classified as a "Private network." 

I need help as soon as possible

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble activating your Trados Studio Freelance subscription due to a domain-based network issue. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this:

Step 1: Verify your network connection

- Go to Control Panel > System.

- In Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, check whether there is a Domain entry.

If there is a Domain entry and you're certain your computer should not be part of a domain, you can leave the domain with the following steps:

Step 2: Leave the domain

- Close Trados Studio.

- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change settings.

- Click Change.

- Under Member of, select Workgroup.

- Select a workgroup name and confirm.

- Start Trados Studio.

If you're still unable to activate your subscription after following these steps, you might want to consider upgrading your license to a Professional or Workgroup license. This would allow you to use Trados Studio on a domain-based network.

Please note that leaving a domain can have significant consequences for your machine, so it's recommended to discuss this with your IT department before proceeding.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble activating your Trados Studio Freelance subscription due to a domain-based network issue. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this:

Step 1: Verify your network connection

- Go to Control Panel > System.

- In Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, check whether there is a Domain entry.

If there is a Domain entry and you're certain your computer should not be part of a domain, you can leave the domain with the following steps:

Step 2: Leave the domain

- Close Trados Studio.

- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change settings.

- Click Change.

- Under Member of, select Workgroup.

- Select a workgroup name and confirm.

- Start Trados Studio.

If you're still unable to activate your subscription after following these steps, you might want to consider upgrading your license to a Professional or Workgroup license. This would allow you to use Trados Studio on a domain-based network.

Please note that leaving a domain can have significant consequences for your machine, so it's recommended to discuss this with your IT department before proceeding.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data