Translation Memory

Hi,

I am trying to open a sdlxliff file directly from my "documents" folder. Trados is frozen and I have a dialog box telling me to be patient. Nothing is happening and I can't even click on "cancel".

I read somewhere that I could create a TM after the fact by creating a new TM and adding the sdlxliff file so this is what I was trying to do I've been having problems with my TM since I started using Trados. It is truly awful. I actually cannot use my TM ever. I checked all the different places where "update TM" has to be checked and it's been checked the whole time.

Also, in this one Project, I can see the sdlxliff file, but when I want to add the file to create a new TM, it's not there anymore. Basically, I am working in Trados without TM.

Clarification on what I was trying to do.
[edited by: veronique martinaud at 9:48 PM (GMT 1) on 24 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

It sounds as though you may be using OneDrive for your files.  This is never a good idea, even if you set this up carefully to ensure that the files are not cloud only... cloud only means they are not really there even if you can see them and clicking on them means they get downloaded to your machine on demand.

Perhaps check and see if you have OneDrive anywhere in the path to your files.  If you do then try moving them to your Documents folder... the one that is not on OneDrive.  For example, I have these on my laptop:

c:\Users\paul\Documents\

c:\Users\paul\OneDrive\Documents\

Trados Studio defaults to using OneDrive (unfortunately) so you should make a conscious decision not to use the default locations for your projects, Translation Memories, Termbases etc.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

It sounds as though you may be using OneDrive for your files.  This is never a good idea, even if you set this up carefully to ensure that the files are not cloud only... cloud only means they are not really there even if you can see them and clicking on them means they get downloaded to your machine on demand.

Perhaps check and see if you have OneDrive anywhere in the path to your files.  If you do then try moving them to your Documents folder... the one that is not on OneDrive.  For example, I have these on my laptop:

c:\Users\paul\Documents\

c:\Users\paul\OneDrive\Documents\

Trados Studio defaults to using OneDrive (unfortunately) so you should make a conscious decision not to use the default locations for your projects, Translation Memories, Termbases etc.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children