I can't make new segmentation rules "stick" in TS2024

Not sure whether I am doing something wrong or whether it's a bug, but when I open project settings, get to the first TM of the project, language resources, then enter a new segmentation rule, I can't make it "stick". When I "OK" out of the "Segmentation rules" dialogue box, then "OK" out of the TM Settings window, and re-open both the TM settings and the segmentation customization windows right away, my new rule is gone. It's a long time ago that I last did that, but I don't remember this behaviour.

Maybe could have a look?

Thanks,

Daniel

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • I can make these settings stick on a Language resource Template, it seems. Not ideal, but if you have to create a custom setting, this would be a workaround. FYI

emoji
  •   See short video and I cant reproduce what you are saying.
    I ran my test with TM's that originated from 2022 and 2024 TM.

In my case (naughty me) I have my TM folder being backedup on OneDrive. Sshhh dont make a fussy as it goes against best practice but it was a way of testing if there was a severe sync delay.  Do you have OneDrive that could be impacting?  I assume this is general issue for you and not something that is TM specific?

I also did a search on logged development items with the criteria being: segmentation rules (AKA broad search)
    I found: Change for custom Variables/Abbreviation/Segmentation Rules list in file-based TM is not saved when modified from TM Settings via New Project wizard or Project Settings. Dev item: LG-28256.

But in your case you have an issue within the TM Maintenance View.

Out of curiosity, do you have custom fields?

Are you able to share your TM so I can reproduce?

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

I tried to do exactly what you did, and found that segmentation rules stick in German, but not in en-GB. You are testing with en-US. Could you test with en-GB to see whether it's dependent on the exact language?

I don't use OneDrive.

I do have custom fields.

emoji
  •  en-GB worked like a charm.
    As per the bug raised, I suspect its your custom fields.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Custom fields have nothing to do with the issue. I never used a single custom field or remote locations, but I can reproduce the bug at any time with my Trados 2021.

emoji
  •  
    It has just happened in my Trados Studio 2022 in a new fresh TM with no fields and no TUs: new segmentation rules just added didn’t stick when done in the Editor view, but it did work in the TM view.

Maybe related to this is that variables don’t stick either: to make it work I need to remove all variables, re-index the TM, add the variables (old variables plus the new ones) and re-index again. A really painful process… Please please please fix this bug which has been around for a long time.

emoji