I can't make new segmentation rules "stick" in TS2024

Not sure whether I am doing something wrong or whether it's a bug, but when I open project settings, get to the first TM of the project, language resources, then enter a new segmentation rule, I can't make it "stick". When I "OK" out of the "Segmentation rules" dialogue box, then "OK" out of the TM Settings window, and re-open both the TM settings and the segmentation customization windows right away, my new rule is gone. It's a long time ago that I last did that, but I don't remember this behaviour.

Maybe could have a look?

Thanks,

Daniel

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   See short video and I cant reproduce what you are saying.
    I ran my test with TM's that originated from 2022 and 2024 TM.

In my case (naughty me) I have my TM folder being backedup on OneDrive. Sshhh dont make a fussy as it goes against best practice but it was a way of testing if there was a severe sync delay.  Do you have OneDrive that could be impacting?  I assume this is general issue for you and not something that is TM specific?

I also did a search on logged development items with the criteria being: segmentation rules (AKA broad search)
    I found: Change for custom Variables/Abbreviation/Segmentation Rules list in file-based TM is not saved when modified from TM Settings via New Project wizard or Project Settings. Dev item: LG-28256.

But in your case you have an issue within the TM Maintenance View.

Out of curiosity, do you have custom fields?

Are you able to share your TM so I can reproduce?

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children