Error message: Failed to save target content: Unable to locate original file

I was trying to save the file as I usually do when this message appear: Error when saving the target content: Unable to locate the original file. 

I tried to save it changing the name of the file but it did not work. I received the same message 

Thanks for your help

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •   

Hi Maria,

Here's what to do if it was a PDF that you received.

EITHER:

1. Look in the project source folder via Windows Explorer.

If not and you're on a PC, it will be here:

C:\Users\yourusername\OneDrive\Documents\Studio 20??\Projects\Project name\source-SOURCE

or here: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Studio 20??\Projects\Project name\source-SOURCE

I hope that makes sense.

2. In that source folder, you will find the client's PDF plus a Word document that Trados Studio created from that PDF.

3 Open the Word document and make any corrections, changes, deletions or additions to bring the document to where it looks more like the PDF.

OR:

1. If you have a PDF program such as Acrobat, it will be better to use that to work on converting the client's PDF to a translatable document. Microsoft Word, for example.

NEXT:

Create a new project to translate the tidy document you created, adding the components of the first project such as translation memory and termbase/s.

I hope that solves your problem.

All the best!

Ali Smiley

Want to learn more about Trados? Take a look here: 

Ideas for training

emoji