Problem with pre-translation - Trados 2024

Hi!

I've just upgraded my Trados 2022 to Trados 2024 and pre-translate option does not work.

It says: 

Exception of type LanguagePlatformException occurred: Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu. Stacktrace: w Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemoryLanguageDirection.SearchTranslationUnitsMasked(SearchSettings settings, SubsegmentSearchSettings subsegmentSettings, SubsegmentSearchCondition condition, TranslationUnit[] translationUnits, Boolean[] mask) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.AnyTM.SubsegmentLanguageDirection.SearchTranslationUnitsMasked(SearchSettings settings, SubsegmentSearchSettings subsegmentSettings, SubsegmentSearchCondition condition, TranslationUnit[] translationUnits, Boolean[] mask) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.AnyTM.BidiSubsegmentLanguageDirection.SearchTranslationUnitsMasked(SearchSettings settings, SubsegmentSearchSettings subsegmentSettings, SubsegmentSearchCondition condition, TranslationUnit[] translationUnits, Boolean[] mask) w Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.SearchSegmentAndSubSegmentTranslationUnitsMaskedCommand.Execute(T cascadeEntry, SearchSettings searchSettings) w Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.ExecuteSearchCommand(SearchCommand`1 searchCommand, SearchSettings searchSettings, Int32 searchResultsCount, IEnumerable`1& cascadeMessages)

Any idea how to fix it?

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're having issues with the pre-translate option in Trados 2024. The error message you're seeing is related to a problem with the LanguagePlatformException. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to resolve this issue based on the workaround provided:

Step 1: Start creating your project as usual.

Step 2: In the "Translation Memory and Automated Translation" step, untick the "Enabled" option for any server translation memory that is displayed as "Any TM: [Name]".

Step 3: Finish creating your project. You can now re-enable the TMs. This will enable the TMs without project translation memory. If you do not wish to update the TM directly, untick the "Update" option.

If you're creating a project package or running a batch task, follow these steps:

Step 1: Go to Home > Project Settings > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs / [Relevant language Pair] > Translation Memory and Automated Translation.

Step 2: Untick the "Enabled" option for any server translation memory that is displayed as "Any TM: [Name]".

Step 3: Create your project package or run your batch task. You can now re-enable the TMs. This will enable the TMs without project translation memory. If you do not wish to update the TM directly, untick the "Update" option.

Note: If required, send a file-based Translation Memory separately and/or the appropriate Group Share login credentials to connect after the package is opened in Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •   

Hi Michal,

This may be a simple solution for you:

When a problem occurs after an update, the first thing to try is a Windows Repair of Studio (and MultiTerm components depending on what the problem is). This will repair software connections by checking for and replacing anything that is missing from the setup, for example.

Here is how:

1. Close all RWS applications.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 11: As Windows 10, or go to Installed Apps by typing the name in the search bar
    3. Click/highlight the relevant RWS product from the list of installed programs, e.g. Trados Studio 2017 SR1 and click Repair. For Trados Studio 2019 / 2021 / 2022 / 2024, the button is Uninstall/Change > Repair.
      • New Control Panel app has active only the Uninstall button - click on Uninstall and a new window will appear with the Repair option
    4. Restart Trados Studio.

There are further options here:

Repairing your installation of Trados Studio

Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji
  •  Hi  , 

I would help us a lot to understand how to reproduce this issue, we have tried to reproduce this internally without success. So could you please provide more details? 

1.Repro Steps 

2.Logs, if any 

3. FileType used in the project, languages of the TM, Project Languages, filesize, how many TUs you have in the TM. 

4.Any other details in order for us to reproduce the issue/files that maybe you could share with us. 

Thank you

Lori 

emoji
  • Hi!

It seems like the issue has resolved itself for now.

It could be related to the TM size, but I've used the same TMs with Trados 2022 without any problems before.

I was working with Word files, translating from English to Polish. The file was relatively small (about 10 pages), but my TMs are quite large (a few GBs), which might be the cause of the issue.

emoji