Failed to save target content: The element names 'xliff' is an invalid child for the XliffProvider element.

Hello Trados Experts,

I'm using Trados Studio 2022. Just as the title, I am not able to save target content and so I am not able to provide the xliff file to my client.

Before the Error message showed up, I was not able to open the document I was working on. 'A question window: Dependency file not found' (please see the picture below) poped up. I duplicated the document I was working on, named it  'ipfirjis.siw.xlf' and put it in the 'jwmmnk0r.iqu' file. After I done that, I was able to open the document, however, unable to Save target as since then. The Error message, 'Failed to save target content: The element named 'xliff' is an invalid child for the XliffProvider element.' showed (please see the picture below).

Trados Studio error dialog box stating 'Dependency file not found' with file path and option buttons for Yes and No.  Trados Studio error message box saying 'Failed to save target content: The element named 'xliff' is an invalid child for the XliffProvider element.' with an OK button.

Thank you very much for reading my question. Looking forward to receiving your reply soon!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 8:59 AM (GMT 1) on 9 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I have the same issue as you.

I’ve quickly checked the XLIFF and I see you have changed the structure somehow, because there are plently of returns that shouldn’t be there.

For example these returns followed by spaces make me think you have changed the XLIFF outside Trados Studio:

Screenshot of Trados Studio XLIFF code with red boxes highlighting line feed characters (LF) indicating possible incorrect formatting.

Looking at these returns+spaces no wonder there are errors with the XLIFF you have shared. You may go back to an XLIFF copy without these returns with or without indentation spaces.

I can get those indentations using prettfy tools, such as the ones included in Notepad++. Have you use them or a similar tool? If so, please share a copy of the XLIFF not processed in this way.

Just to be clear, these returns in the header are fine:

Image of Trados Studio XLIFF file header with red boxes around line feed characters (LF) suggesting unexpected line breaks in the base64 encoded reference.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:01 AM (GMT 1) on 11 Jul 2024]
Children