Trados Studio 2024 crashes every time on Concordance search

Trados Studio 2024 crashes every time I run a "Concordance search". The same error was already present in the 2021 and 2022 releases. My TMs have been upgraded. I've done the reinstall (patch) twice - more often with previous versions, but it didn't help. The "Concordance search" is one of the most useful features of Trados but it is useless. What could be done to prevent the error from occurring. The error is: "System.OutOfMemoryEception". 64 GB RAM on the machine, so it should be enough.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Concordance search in Trados Studio 2024. The error you're encountering, "System.OutOfMemoryException", is known to us and a defect (CRQ-27050) has been raised with our Development team. They are currently working on a resolution for this issue.

In the meantime, here are a few steps you can try to mitigate the issue:

Step 1: Try to limit the size of your Translation Memories (TMs). Large TMs can sometimes cause memory issues.

Step 2: If possible, try to split your TMs into smaller, more manageable sizes.

Step 3: Ensure that your Trados Studio 2024 is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 4: Try to close other memory-intensive applications while using Trados Studio to free up more memory for the application.

Please note that these are temporary solutions and the definitive fix will be provided in a future Trados/Cloud update. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on this issue.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Concordance search in Trados Studio 2024. The error you're encountering, "System.OutOfMemoryException", is known to us and a defect (CRQ-27050) has been raised with our Development team. They are currently working on a resolution for this issue.

In the meantime, here are a few steps you can try to mitigate the issue:

Step 1: Try to limit the size of your Translation Memories (TMs). Large TMs can sometimes cause memory issues.

Step 2: If possible, try to split your TMs into smaller, more manageable sizes.

Step 3: Ensure that your Trados Studio 2024 is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 4: Try to close other memory-intensive applications while using Trados Studio to free up more memory for the application.

Please note that these are temporary solutions and the definitive fix will be provided in a future Trados/Cloud update. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on this issue.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data