Trados Studio 2022 - Definitely a problematic "Find & Replace" window!

The "Find & Replace" window is definitely a big problem in Trados Studio version 2022: having resolved the "always on top" issue, now I have two more issues:

1) in Studio version 2021 for years I have been using Ctrl+H to open this window in the full version (Find AND Replace, and not only Find, which is smaller), but in 2022 there is no way of obtaining this.
Whatever I click - Ctrl+F or Ctrl+F - I always obtain the small version of the window.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Find and Replace' window showing only the 'Find' tab active with an empty 'Find what:' field.

while I would like to get the full window when I use Ctrl+H, as I've done for years:

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Find and Replace' window with the 'Replace' tab active, displaying empty 'Find what:' and 'Replace with:' fields.

2) When the "Replace with" space is filled, and I have done some work already, I had the option to select previous translations by using the dropwodn menu on the right side of this space, but now it is impossible to use it becuase, when I click on the right side of the bar I get only a quick glimpse of the dropdown list, which disappears in less than a second, making it impossible to click on any of the listed items. This is really annoying, it is a normal function that is not working, definitely.

Could these two issues be fixed? I would appreciate this very much. I spent €300 to update from 2021 to 2022 and I am experiencing only worsened functionalities at the moment... this is quite frustrating. I hope someone will help me to resolve these issues quickly!!

Valeria

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:26 PM (GMT 1) on 14 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I'm pleased to have helped in some small way 

As regards Ctrl+H only opening the first tab, the Replace tab... did you try Reset Window Layout?

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing the 'View' tab with 'Reset Window Layout' button highlighted.

It's an unusual fault for Ctrl+H to open the Find tab. I know you've reset your keyboard shortcuts as suggested by Lyds.

If the Find and Replace dialog simply doesn't open visibly at all, it's usually because it's been opening on a second screen that has since been turned off or unplugged. This obviously is not what's happening in your case.

A question...

Once you have opened the dialog using Ctrl+H, if you used Ctrl+H a second time, does the Find tab switch to the Replace tab? That is the normal pattern of behaviour for Ctrl+H when the Find and Replace dialog is already open on the Find tab.

Try the following:

Change the shortcut for Replace from Ctrl+H to Ctrl+Alt+H as below:

Screenshot of Trados Studio 'Options' dialog with 'Keyboard Shortcuts' section, highlighting the 'Replace' command set to 'Ctrl+Alt+H'.

What happens then?

If I make the above change, Ctrl+Alt+H works exactly as Ctrl+H does, i.e. correctly.

If it doesn't for you then it's not the shortcut that's at fault... Let me know what happens.

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 1:17 PM (GMT 1) on 20 Jul 2024]
Children