Studio 2024 : TM lookup does not work anylonger (only showing NMT results, no more fuzzy matches in the translation window)

Hi,

I am using Trados Studio 2024 Freelance (18.0.0.1013).

When I do a segment lookup in the editor, I only get results from the NMT (Deepl) and no results from my TMs (fuzzy matches).

However, when I do a concordance search in the current segment, Trados finds an 80% match in one of my TMs, which should therefore be displayed in the translation results window, as my match threshold is set to 70.

In a word : Studio does not return any fuzzy matches from my TMs anymore (it was fine yesterday and I did not change anything in the project settings).

I've tried this: create a new project with an old project template and add my source file to it, but it doesn't help. Disabling NMT does not work either.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Olivier,

I understand your concern about the TM lookup issue in Trados Studio 2024 Freelance. It seems like you're experiencing a known issue where the TM lookup only shows NMT results and no fuzzy matches.

The good news is that this issue has been identified and a fix is planned for the next release, Studio 2022 CU6. Once this update is available, you should be able to download it directly from within the application.

In the meantime, you might want to try a few troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Ensure that your TM is updated and properly connected to your project.

Step 2: Check your match threshold settings again to make sure they are set correctly.

Step 3: Try to re-index your Translation Memory. This can sometimes solve issues with TM lookups.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your patience while we work on this issue.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Olivier,

I understand your concern about the TM lookup issue in Trados Studio 2024 Freelance. It seems like you're experiencing a known issue where the TM lookup only shows NMT results and no fuzzy matches.

The good news is that this issue has been identified and a fix is planned for the next release, Studio 2022 CU6. Once this update is available, you should be able to download it directly from within the application.

In the meantime, you might want to try a few troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Ensure that your TM is updated and properly connected to your project.

Step 2: Check your match threshold settings again to make sure they are set correctly.

Step 3: Try to re-index your Translation Memory. This can sometimes solve issues with TM lookups.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your patience while we work on this issue.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children