XBench and *.xbp files

Hello Community,

I work with Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084, but Studio 2021 is still installed on my desktop.

Last week, for the first time ever, a new client asked me to add a XBench report to the project deliverables. So I downloaded XBench 2.9 from the AppStore, installed it and two XBench icons did appear in the Studio 2022 Editor ribbon. I clicked on the left one to start creating the report and I remember being asked to select an fie-app association: I inadvertently clicked on the first offer, which -- I realized it later -- proved to be Studio 2021. and a new click on the XBench left icon opened Sudio 2021 and its related old projects.

I uninstalled XBench and repeatedly did the following repair intents:

• I went to Windows settings/Applications/Default applications only to find that the .xbp file extension was indeed asociated with Studio 2021 and... no other possible choice.
  • I risked a registry editing where I deleted the .xbp extension, only to find later that it still was present and unchanged in Windows settings/Applications/Default applications.

My only remaining idea would be to right-click on an *.xbp file in Windows Explorer and see whether I am given more choices of file associations: would someone send me one, anyone such file (m3c.lambert@wanadoo.fr)?

And if this last idea did not work either, I would definitely need some expert help.

Anticipated thanks and best regards.

Gérard

emoji