By working in Trados Studio 2024, the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F2 does not work well for quickly adding a term to the glossary.

With Studio 2022 it was easy to add a term immediately without annoying the workflow. With the new version 2024, the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F2 opens the Terminology Window beside the working and it remains open (with or without the "hide window"-pin). I must close it manually to continue working. That should be improved in the next update package.

emoji
  •  I hear what you are saying.

There are 2 ways to add terms and your preference is "Quick Add New Term"
    Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Quick Add New Term' option with the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+F2) in a dropdown menu.

Short cuts can be reviewed and reset by going to: File -> Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts

You will find this one under Editor where you can re-clarify the shortcuts allocated

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Keyboard Shortcuts' settings window with 'Editor' expanded, highlighting 'Quick Add New Term' with the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F2.

No harm done to "Reset to default", close Studio and try again.

I hope this helps 

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 1:03 PM (GMT 1) on 14 Aug 2024]
  • Thank you, that was clear to me. The fact is that IT DOES NOT WORK. I have this combination as shortcut and when I use it, the terminology window remains open and I have to close it manualy. That was not the case with Studio 2022. It works as Add New Term, not as Quicxk Add New Term.

emoji
  •  

The fact is that IT DOES NOT WORK.

I think we probably need to add some context to that statement because the fact is it doesn't work for you.  Not that it doesn't work in general.  For example:

So worth looking at anything else you are doing that might be interfering with the correct use of these shortcuts.  If it's working when you click it then this is also a giveaway that it's a shortcut problem.

Maybe as a test try changing the shortcut you use to something else you are confident you don't use anywhere and see if that works.  If it does then you'll need to track down what other processes you have running that may be impacting the correct use of Ctrl+Shift+F2..

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Thank you very much for your comments. It still doesn't work. I changed the shortcut wthout success. I have the advanced licence for 2 computers. In my laoptop at home it works, but not in the large Dell-PC in my office. The terminology windows stays there and I always have to close it manually to continue working.

Thanks anyway.

How can I close this conversation? Because it appears in notifications again each time I start Trados, despite having deleted the messages there.

emoji