Generating a weighted word count from Team analysis export

We have been using XML exports from analyses generated in Studio to generate weighted word counts, using an online tool (https://www.lsp.net/cat-online-weighting.php).

Now that we migrated to Trados Team, this no longer works - the XML exports from TT lead to errors.

Any ideas? Is there a tool that could handle this? (Business Manager perhaps?)

TIA, Ralf

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Ralf,

I understand that you're having trouble generating weighted word counts from Trados Team analysis exports. While Trados Business Manager could potentially handle this, I would recommend a different approach.

You can use the "Target Word Count" plugin developed by Jesse Good, available on the RWS AppStore. This plugin is capable of producing an analysis for the target word count or a customizable line count. Here's how you can use it:

Step 1: Download and install the "Target Word Count" plugin from the RWS AppStore.

Step 2: Run the plugin as a batch task. This task should be installed when you download and install the plugin.

Step 3: You will be presented with a rates table which you can optionally fill in. You can also save the rates you use, which is useful if you have different rates for different customers.

Step 4: Add in your characters per line for the line count report if you wish, and optionally create a source count or separate any locked segments.

Step 5: The reports can then be found in the reports view in Trados Studio, summarized and with a breakdown by file if you have worked on multiple files.

This plugin should help you generate the weighted word counts you need. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Ralf,

I understand that you're having trouble generating weighted word counts from Trados Team analysis exports. While Trados Business Manager could potentially handle this, I would recommend a different approach.

You can use the "Target Word Count" plugin developed by Jesse Good, available on the RWS AppStore. This plugin is capable of producing an analysis for the target word count or a customizable line count. Here's how you can use it:

Step 1: Download and install the "Target Word Count" plugin from the RWS AppStore.

Step 2: Run the plugin as a batch task. This task should be installed when you download and install the plugin.

Step 3: You will be presented with a rates table which you can optionally fill in. You can also save the rates you use, which is useful if you have different rates for different customers.

Step 4: Add in your characters per line for the line count report if you wish, and optionally create a source count or separate any locked segments.

Step 5: The reports can then be found in the reports view in Trados Studio, summarized and with a breakdown by file if you have worked on multiple files.

This plugin should help you generate the weighted word counts you need. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data