Can't pretranslate files Trados 2024

Hi,

I am getting this error whenever I try to pretranslate a file in Trados Studio 2024: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I can pretranslate the same file using the same TM in Trados Studio 2022.Screenshot of Trados Studio task results showing an error. The error message in Spanish translates to 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' No other tasks are listed.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:50 PM (GMT 1) on 9 Aug 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I dont know at this stage if its file related or TM related.

Can you Pre-Translate against an empty TM or an alternative TM?
    Can you take a different source file and pre-translate with the same TM?

Can you click on the error and save the error stack trace?

Looking forward to your clarifications so we can try help you further

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi, Lydia,

Thank you for your answer.

This is actually a studio package, it comes with its own TM and I am adding one of mine too, and when I try to pre-translate with that one is when I get the error. If I try to pre-translate with just the package TM, I get a warning reading that no translation memories have been found (but I believe this is an issue caused by the package TM)

Regarding your questions (and using a different source file, since I can't remove the package TM):

1) Against an empty TM: no error

2) Against an alternative TM: no error

3) Different file same TM: no error

Please find the error trace below.

Thanks!

<SDLErrorDetails time="14/8/2024 11:45:28">
      <ErrorMessage>Exception of type LanguagePlatformException occurred: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
    Stacktrace:
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemoryLanguageDirection.SearchTranslationUnitsMasked(SearchSettings settings, SubsegmentSearchSettings subsegmentSettings, SubsegmentSearchCondition condition, TranslationUnit[] translationUnits, Boolean[] mask)
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.SearchSegmentAndSubSegmentTranslationUnitsMaskedCommand.Execute(T cascadeEntry, SearchSettings searchSettings)
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.ExecuteSearchCommand(SearchCommand`1 searchCommand, SearchSettings searchSettings, Int32 searchResultsCount, IEnumerable`1&amp; cascadeMessages)</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source />
        <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio18</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>18.0.0.1013</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>3082</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-7LH6L2F\USUARIO</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DESKTOP-7LH6L2F</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>16628860 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Hi, Lydia,

Thank you for your answer.

This is actually a studio package, it comes with its own TM and I am adding one of mine too, and when I try to pre-translate with that one is when I get the error. If I try to pre-translate with just the package TM, I get a warning reading that no translation memories have been found (but I believe this is an issue caused by the package TM)

Regarding your questions (and using a different source file, since I can't remove the package TM):

1) Against an empty TM: no error

2) Against an alternative TM: no error

3) Different file same TM: no error

Please find the error trace below.

Thanks!

<SDLErrorDetails time="14/8/2024 11:45:28">
      <ErrorMessage>Exception of type LanguagePlatformException occurred: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
    Stacktrace:
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemoryLanguageDirection.SearchTranslationUnitsMasked(SearchSettings settings, SubsegmentSearchSettings subsegmentSettings, SubsegmentSearchCondition condition, TranslationUnit[] translationUnits, Boolean[] mask)
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.SearchSegmentAndSubSegmentTranslationUnitsMaskedCommand.Execute(T cascadeEntry, SearchSettings searchSettings)
       en Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.Cascade`1.ExecuteSearchCommand(SearchCommand`1 searchCommand, SearchSettings searchSettings, Int32 searchResultsCount, IEnumerable`1&amp; cascadeMessages)</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source />
        <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio18</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>18.0.0.1013</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>3082</OperatingSystemLanguage>