PPT files as target

I had a PPT file to translate in Studio.

After finishing my translations, the file came out as a DOC file.

Can anyone explain why such thing happens? Is there a way I can save it (export) as a PPT file? 

Thank you!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

It seems there might be a bit of confusion here. The context provided is about PDF files, but your question is about PPT files.

In Trados Studio, when you translate a PowerPoint (PPT) file, the translated file should also be in PPT format. If you're getting a DOC file instead, it might be due to some unexpected error.

Here's a general process to ensure you get a PPT file as output:

Step 1: Open your PPT file in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Translate the content as you normally would.

Step 3: Once you're done translating, go to the "File" menu.

Step 4: Select "Save Target As".

Step 5: In the dialog box that opens, make sure the file type is set to PPT.

If you're still having issues, it might be worth checking if your Trados Studio is up to date. You can do this by going to the "Help" menu and selecting "Check for Updates".

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

It seems there might be a bit of confusion here. The context provided is about PDF files, but your question is about PPT files.

In Trados Studio, when you translate a PowerPoint (PPT) file, the translated file should also be in PPT format. If you're getting a DOC file instead, it might be due to some unexpected error.

Here's a general process to ensure you get a PPT file as output:

Step 1: Open your PPT file in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Translate the content as you normally would.

Step 3: Once you're done translating, go to the "File" menu.

Step 4: Select "Save Target As".

Step 5: In the dialog box that opens, make sure the file type is set to PPT.

If you're still having issues, it might be worth checking if your Trados Studio is up to date. You can do this by going to the "Help" menu and selecting "Check for Updates".

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data