How do I set up Studio 2021 to work with Wordfast Pro bilingual files?

I am trying to open .txlf files (Wordfast Pro bilingual files) and it tells me the file type is not supported.

I need a link to the instructions for how to set up Studio 2021 or 2019 to work with/open .txlf. files.

I found the main Project settings configuration, but need specific instructions on adding the filetype.

Thanks!!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand you're trying to work with Wordfast Pro bilingual files (.txlf) in Trados Studio 2021. While Trados Studio does not natively support .txlf files, you can use a workaround by converting the .txlf files to a format that Trados Studio can handle, such as .sdlxliff or .ttx.

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this:

Step 1: Open your .txlf file in Wordfast Pro.

Step 2: Go to the "File" menu and select "Save Translated File As".

Step 3: In the dialog box that appears, select the file type as .ttx or .sdlxliff.

Step 4: Save the file.

Step 5: Now, you can open this newly saved file in Trados Studio.

Please note that this method might not be perfect and some formatting or tags might not be transferred correctly. Always double-check your files after conversion.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

The reply from the AI is misleading at best!  Try this... and I thought I explained this already in your other thread:

RE: .txlf files in Studio 2021 

However, here's an even more explanatory video:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • thanks I will try - I thought I hadn't been clear enough so I created another thread. I will give it a go!!

emoji
  • I can't hear sound on the video but I think I have followed it - no joy Disappointed

I can see the .txlf option but the files are not being recognised - any ideas?

emoji
  •   

PLease lsend me one of your TXLF files.  You can send this to pfilkin at sdl dotcom

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  •  

ok - I need to be able to mark up one of your threads as a verified solution so I'll use this one as the other one is a different topic you piggy backed onto.  The solution was this:

Okay!! I have done it!! For some reason, when my computer crashed it reset how files are saved by default - they were listed as Wordfast Pro files but the icon was showing as a Memsource file - so I…

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
  •  

ok - I need to be able to mark up one of your threads as a verified solution so I'll use this one as the other one is a different topic you piggy backed onto.  The solution was this:

Okay!! I have done it!! For some reason, when my computer crashed it reset how files are saved by default - they were listed as Wordfast Pro files but the icon was showing as a Memsource file - so I…

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
Children
No Data