Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134 crashes without warning

Dear experts,

I am using Trados Studio 2022 SR2  - 17.2.11.19134 for managing larger projects (1000+ files) in the file-based version.

I regularly download the updates.

I work on a company laptop and the files to be translated are retrieved from a company network drive.

The TMs are stored locally on my hard-drive as I found this speeds up the process.

In general, all processes (opening, saving, checking, batch tasks,  accessing TM and concordance entries etc.) take very long.

This is very frustrating, but the bigger issue is that the programm consistently crashes up to 15 times a day without any prior warning.

All work up until the last autosave (set to 5 minutes) is lost and all the opened files in the editor are closed and have to be tediously found and opened again.

I have attached some protocols documenting the crashes.

Screenshot of an application error log for SDLTradosStudio.exe with Event ID 1000. It shows module ntdll.dll, error code 0xc0000374, and a timestamp.Screenshot of event properties showing an application error for SDLTradosStudio.exe, version 17.2.11.19134, with error code 0xc0000005 and details of the faulting module clr.dll.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:34 AM (GMT 1) on 28 Aug 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

A few things do come to mind.

I assume you are well antiquated processing 1000 files?
    What I am trying to attain is when did the crashing start?

You were right to move your TMs so its local to your machine as it will absolutely speed up processing.
    But so far as the project files are concerned, I understand the source files are on the network but were is the sdlproj and all those sdlxiff files stored?
    I trust its also local to your machine?

What is happening at the time of the crash? I assume you are in the Editor View?
    Are you trying get results from various resources to apply translations to your segments or is it when you are confirming segments?
    When in the editor view, are you performing a virtual merge so all files are open at once?

When you say crash can you describe it? Does Studio close entirely or does it seem "non responsive"?

What do the Studio error logs show when you crash. They can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17\logs

Lastly do you have any apps installed? 

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hello Lydia,

the crash problem has been occurring for about a year or longer.

However, it's more noticeable the closer I get to the annual delivery deadline as the number of files I have to process increases.

The xliffs and project settings are stored on the network drives (as the local machine does not guarantee secure backups).

Crashes always happen in Editor view. They happen when a single file is open as well as when several merged files are opened. 

Crashes have happened (among others) when I

- deleted a space

- pressed Enter/Return

- confirmed a segment

- in "track changes mode" when the cursor/the marked area covers changed and non-changed text.

Almost all crashes are of the "pooff-and-everything-is-gone" variety. No error message, no frozen screen, the program immediately shuts down and I have to restart it an find all my files again and load them into the editor.

I have no Trados Apps installed (I only used to have the Comment Viewer Plug-in until it stopped working properly and I deleted it)C:\Users\VONA\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados

Below find the log file and the error message for a crash WITH message + complete shutdown

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross icon, titled 'Fehler'. The message in German reads 'Neuer Inhalt kann nicht innerhalb gesperrten Inhalts eingefugt werden.' with an 'OK' button.

Studio\Studio17\logs

Text log from Trados Studio showing various INFO entries with timestamps, process names, memory usage details, and a repeating error message in German about content not being inserted within locked content.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:22 PM (GMT 1) on 28 Aug 2024]
  •  Rather than a screen print, can you please attach the actual log file from Studio.

And can you save the error stack trace you get from Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red 'X' icon, titled 'Fehler'. Message reads 'Neuer Inhalt kann nicht innerhalb gesperrten Inhalts eingefugt werden.' with an 'OK' button.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:02 AM (GMT 1) on 29 Aug 2024]
  • Hello Lydia,

Can you please advise how to attach the log file? I tried but couldn't find how. As inline text it was rejected as spam and via the "insert" option I could only upload images or videos.

And where do I find the error stack trace ?

Kind regards,

Anja

emoji
Reply Children