Error message: to provide feedback the segment requires metadata

Hi everybody.

I am opening a file on which I started to work. I cannot open it anymore, the error message is : " The trhread must be in STA mode (Single Thread Appartment). To provide feedback the segment requires metadata that originate from Language Weaver. To obtain this, run the Apply Language Weaver Metadata Batch task which will apply against existing segments that has translations which originates from Language Weaver." if I close this window or choose OK, Trados closes automatically.

But I already chose "Apply Language Weaver Metadata Batch Task" at the time I was able to open my file.

if I open again Trados, I can go to the Welcome menu, it doesn't close. But I can't open any project/file.

Does anybody has an idea?

Thank you!! 

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble with an error message related to Language Weaver Metadata. Based on the context provided, it seems like removing and re-adding your Translation Memories and Termbases has resolved similar issues in the past. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Projects View" and select the project you're having trouble with.

Step 3: Click on "Project Settings".

Step 4: In the "Language Pairs" section, remove all Translation Memories and Termbases.

Step 5: Click "OK" to save the changes.

Step 6: Re-open the "Project Settings".

Step 7: Re-add your Translation Memories and Termbases in the "Language Pairs" section.

Step 8: Click "OK" to save the changes.

After following these steps, try opening your file again. If the problem persists, you might want to consider running the "Apply Language Weaver Metadata Batch Task" again.

Remember, it's important to keep your Trados Studio software up to date. Check for updates regularly within the application to ensure optimal performance.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble with an error message related to Language Weaver Metadata. Based on the context provided, it seems like removing and re-adding your Translation Memories and Termbases has resolved similar issues in the past. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Projects View" and select the project you're having trouble with.

Step 3: Click on "Project Settings".

Step 4: In the "Language Pairs" section, remove all Translation Memories and Termbases.

Step 5: Click "OK" to save the changes.

Step 6: Re-open the "Project Settings".

Step 7: Re-add your Translation Memories and Termbases in the "Language Pairs" section.

Step 8: Click "OK" to save the changes.

After following these steps, try opening your file again. If the problem persists, you might want to consider running the "Apply Language Weaver Metadata Batch Task" again.

Remember, it's important to keep your Trados Studio software up to date. Check for updates regularly within the application to ensure optimal performance.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data