PowerPoint gives an error message when converting the file

Hi,

I encountered a problem when reconverting a PowerPoint file. I already successfully converted one back into PowerPoint, but when I try to open the newly translated PowerPoint I get an error message 'PowerPoint encountered a problem with the content. PowerPoint can try to repair the presentation. When I try this, only a few of the slides are there, the rest are missing. Clicking 'Cancel' does not open the file at all. What could be the problem? Could anyone help, please?

Many thanks.

Best,

Suzanne

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Suzanne,

I understand that you're having trouble with a PowerPoint file in Trados Studio. This issue has been resolved in the latest version of Trados Studio, so updating your software could be the easiest solution. However, if you prefer to keep your current version, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Recreate the project using the previous Microsoft Power Point 2007-2013 (Power Point 2007 v.2.0.0.0) filter.

Step 2: Open Trados Studio and navigate to File > Options > File Types.

Step 3: On the right-hand side list, disable the Microsoft Power Point 2007-2016 filter and ensure the Microsoft Power Point 2007-2013 filter is enabled.

Step 4: Confirm this setting by clicking on the OK button.

Step 5: Import your PPTX source file again for translation by either selecting 'Create new project' or 'Translate as single document'.

Step 6: If you have a translation memory that was used for the previous translation and you have updated it with the new segments, use it for this one as well.

Step 7: To import your previously translated segments into this new one, you can either use the Pre-translate or Perfect Match batch task or both.

Step 8: Save a new target file (Save Target As / Shift+F12) and open it.

Please note that the segmentation in the new bilingual (.sdlxliff) file may be slightly different compared to the previous one due to the different file type used. Applying the Pre-translate or Perfect Match might not result in the same percentage of translated and confirmed segments as in the original bilingual file.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Dear AI, please read your knowledge base:

Root Cause
    During the creation of the target file some content of the PPTX file becomes unusable and won't be displayed in the target file even if you select to Repair it when you are prompted to do this.
    This was caused by a defect which affects the latest Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2016 (PresentationML v. 1) filter in SDL Trados Studio 2017 and also 2019 early versions. and it has been fixed in the latest version of Studio 2019 SR2 CU8 / Studio 2021 / Studio 2022

What are you talking about?

Also, read this thread and try again...
    community.rws.com/.../powerpoint-files

emoji
Reply Children