TM not updated after Update TM or Fill TM

Hello!

I see similar issue in several posts, but didn't find any proper solution.

I have Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134

I've imported an Excel file that contains source and translation columns. I've changed all segments to 'Translation approved'. I want to add all these segments in the TM. I've tried both 'Update TM...' and the 'Fill TM...' options in Tasks in batch.

When I open my TM (via the Translation memories tab), none of the segments were added to the TM. It's empty.

I can't figure what I'm doing wrong here. My TM is properly linked to the project and can be updated. (It's actually the only one in my project.)

Thank you,

Julie

emoji
Parents
  • HI  

Which filetype did you use to open your spreadsheet? ? "Bilingual Excel" or the default "Microsoft Excel 2007-2019"?
    To populate a TM with the columns of an Excel spreadsheet, you need to set the filetype to "Bilingual Excel" before you open your file.

If you see both columns in the Editor with the source language on the left and the target language to the right, you did it correctly.
    Setting the segment status to "Translated" (or "Translation approved") does on its own not take any action on the TM. You need in addition to run the batch task "Update main translation memories". Make sure the "Update" checkmark is set for this TM in your project settings.

If you follow this process, your TM should get populated.
    You may also check first by confirming just one of the segments and then check if it shows up in the TM.

You mention the batch task "Fill TM ...". Where did you find this? I am not aware of such a task.

emoji
  • HI  

Which filetype did you use to open your spreadsheet? ? "Bilingual Excel" or the default "Microsoft Excel 2007-2019"?
    To populate a TM with the columns of an Excel spreadsheet, you need to set the filetype to "Bilingual Excel" before you open your file.

If you see both columns in the Editor with the source language on the left and the target language to the right, you did it correctly.
    Setting the segment status to "Translated" (or "Translation approved") does on its own not take any action on the TM. You need in addition to run the batch task "Update main translation memories". Make sure the "Update" checkmark is set for this TM in your project settings.

If you follow this process, your TM should get populated.
    You may also check first by confirming just one of the segments and then check if it shows up in the TM.

You mention the batch task "Fill TM ...". Where did you find this? I am not aware of such a task.

emoji
Children