TM not updated after Update TM or Fill TM

Hello!

I see similar issue in several posts, but didn't find any proper solution.

I have Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134

I've imported an Excel file that contains source and translation columns. I've changed all segments to 'Translation approved'. I want to add all these segments in the TM. I've tried both 'Update TM...' and the 'Fill TM...' options in Tasks in batch.

When I open my TM (via the Translation memories tab), none of the segments were added to the TM. It's empty.

I can't figure what I'm doing wrong here. My TM is properly linked to the project and can be updated. (It's actually the only one in my project.)

Thank you,

Julie

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Julie,

I understand that you're having trouble updating your Translation Memory (TM) in Trados Studio 2022 SR2. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that your segments are confirmed. Only confirmed segments (with the status of Translated, Translation Approved, or Signed Off) can be added to the TM.

Step 2: Check your batch task settings. When running the 'Update TM' or 'Fill TM' tasks, ensure that the 'Add new translation units' option is selected. This will create a new Translation Unit (TU) for each confirmed segment.

Step 3: If you've made changes to a segment without validating it (for example, by importing an external review), the batch task might create duplicate TUs. To avoid this, you can run the batch task again with the 'Overwrite existing translation units' option selected. This will retain only the latest TU in the sdlxliff file.

Step 4: Check your TM User ID. If you've changed your TM User ID, it will be used during TM updates until you change it again. Make sure it's set correctly.

Step 5: Check your field values. You can set the field values to be applied during the update by clicking 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' and selecting 'Update'. However, you can only add new settings, not change existing ones.

If you've followed these steps and your TM is still not updating, it might be worth checking if there are any updates available for Trados Studio. Sometimes, issues can be resolved by updating to the latest version of the software.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Reply Children
No Data