Post-Editing in Trados Studio 2024: Side-by-Side View and AI Enhancement?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to use Trados for a post-editing project in Trados Studio 2024.

I’d like to display the original source text (FR) and the translated text (EN) side by side for making corrections. Additionally, if it’s possible to leverage AI to enhance the translated text, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sherrie

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Sherrie,

I'm glad to hear that you're using Trados Studio 2024 for your post-editing project. Here's how you can display the original source text and the translated text side by side, and also leverage AI to enhance the translated text:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio 2024.

Step 2: In the Editor view, you will see the source text (FR) on the left and the target text (EN) on the right. This is the default side-by-side view for easy comparison and editing.

Step 3: To leverage AI, you can use Language Weaver, which is integrated into Trados Studio. This AI-powered machine translation tool can help you enhance the translated text.

Step 4: To use Language Weaver, go to the "Translation Memories" view, and click on "Language Weaver". You can then select the source and target languages, and click on "Translate" to get the AI-enhanced translation.

Please note that the AI enhancement is not perfect and may require manual post-editing to ensure the highest quality translation.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Please explain how to open the source and target text for editing (step 2)

emoji
Reply Children