Cannot apply default project template

Hi all

Not that familiar with Trados Studio, so hope somebody are able to help me.

I have worked with Trados Studio a bunch of times and do already have 11 projects. Today, I get the following error message:

Cannot apply default project template

Your version of Trados Studio enables you to create new projects in up to three target languages. Go to your Project Template Settings and remove extra target languages from the default rpoject template.

First of all, I have never used more than one target language.
Secondly, I have followed the deciption under https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000015771, where I did make sure only one default template was avaibile, then deleted the template file as mentioned in https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004918. It did not help, the same error code still appears. I tried to restart the machine, and also running Trados Studio as admin.

I am running Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134 Subsciption Freelance.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Michael

emoji
Parents
  •  

How are you trying to apply this?  Are you using an app from thee AppStore for this - Apply Studio Project Template for example?  If not then take a look at your File -> Options -> Language Pairs and see how many language pairs are in there?

Trados Studio Options dialog showing Language Pairs section with a list including Chinese (Simplified, China) to German (Germany) and English (United States) to Chinese (Simplified, China).

It could be that you had the trial (which is a Professional version) and went through some training and as a result once your Freelance version kicked in it doesn't like the fact you have too many language pairs in here.  So now remove the ones you don't need.

One of the differences between Freelance and Professional is the number of languages you can have in your project at one time so if your template contains more you won't be able to create the project until you remove some.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:29 AM (GMT 1) on 6 Sep 2024]
  •  

How are you trying to apply this?  Are you using an app from thee AppStore for this - Apply Studio Project Template for example?  If not then take a look at your File -> Options -> Language Pairs and see how many language pairs are in there?

Trados Studio Options dialog showing Language Pairs section with a list including Chinese (Simplified, China) to German (Germany) and English (United States) to Chinese (Simplified, China).

It could be that you had the trial (which is a Professional version) and went through some training and as a result once your Freelance version kicked in it doesn't like the fact you have too many language pairs in here.  So now remove the ones you don't need.

One of the differences between Freelance and Professional is the number of languages you can have in your project at one time so if your template contains more you won't be able to create the project until you remove some.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:29 AM (GMT 1) on 6 Sep 2024]
Children