Extracting bookmark content from InDesign, .idml

Hi there,

I am sure the answer is to be found somewhere, but my research wasn't a success...

So: When extracting the content from an InDesign file into .idml to be translated in Trados Studio, how do you make sure that the bookmarks - or better said the content of the bookmarks - will be extracted as well?
I noticed that all our translated PDF files contain all the bookmarks in the original language, though they should have been translated as well.

TIA and lovely greetings to the community

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand your concern about extracting bookmark content from InDesign files into .idml for translation in Trados Studio. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can ensure that the content of the bookmarks is also extracted:

Step 1: Open your InDesign file and export it as an .idml file.

Step 2: Open Trados Studio and create a new project.

Step 3: Add the .idml file to this project.

Step 4: In the project settings, ensure that you have selected the option to extract content from bookmarks. If this option is not available, it might be due to the fact that Trados Studio currently does not support the extraction of bookmark content from .idml files.

Step 5: Proceed with the translation as usual.

Please note that as per the context provided, Trados Studio may not currently support the extraction of bookmark content from .idml files. In this case, you might have to translate the bookmarks manually. However, this issue has been noted and an enhancement request has been raised with high priority. Hopefully, this feature will be included in future product updates.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand your concern about extracting bookmark content from InDesign files into .idml for translation in Trados Studio. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can ensure that the content of the bookmarks is also extracted:

Step 1: Open your InDesign file and export it as an .idml file.

Step 2: Open Trados Studio and create a new project.

Step 3: Add the .idml file to this project.

Step 4: In the project settings, ensure that you have selected the option to extract content from bookmarks. If this option is not available, it might be due to the fact that Trados Studio currently does not support the extraction of bookmark content from .idml files.

Step 5: Proceed with the translation as usual.

Please note that as per the context provided, Trados Studio may not currently support the extraction of bookmark content from .idml files. In this case, you might have to translate the bookmarks manually. However, this issue has been noted and an enhancement request has been raised with high priority. Hopefully, this feature will be included in future product updates.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data