Trados Studio 2024 closing when applying "Apply Translation Suggestion" generated of AI Assistant with a keyboard shortcut

Hei,

TS 2024 closes every 4th-5th time with the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" while  "Apply Translation Suggestion" generated of AI Assistant with a keyboard shortcut that I created myself in Options. The shortcut is not used of any other action. 

I do not get what is wrong, it has happened with all the projects so far. 

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2024. The error message you're seeing usually indicates that the program is trying to access something that doesn't exist or is null. This could be due to a variety of reasons, but let's try a few troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Ensure that your Trados Studio 2024 is up to date. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 2: Try resetting your keyboard shortcuts to the default settings. You can do this by going to File > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts and clicking on 'Reset All'.

Step 3: If the issue persists, try creating a new project and see if the problem still occurs. This will help determine if the issue is project-specific.

Step 4: If the problem is not project-specific, it might be worth resetting your Trados Studio settings to their default. You can do this by going to File > Setup > Reset to Default Settings.

Remember to back up any important data before making these changes. If the problem persists after trying these steps, it might be a more complex issue that requires further investigation.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This is a generic title to a more complex problem that we can only analyse if you provide the full error detail.  Cause the error again on purpose and then click on the small disk symbol, save the error xml file to your desktop and then attach it to your reply.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji