Virus notification & RWS AppStore empty

Dear all,

I have installed Trados Studio 2024 last week and now my anti virus software says the clientupdate.exe contains a virus. Is it safe to remove it from quarantine?

Besides I don't see any results when searching in the AppStore. Will this be linked to the first problem or is there another reason?

Screenshot of Trados Studio AppStore with no plugins available. The message 'Keine Plug-ins verfugbar' is displayed, indicating no plugins found.

Thanks for any help!

Kind regards,
Marina

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 7:46 AM (GMT 1) on 14 Oct 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi Trados Support, 

similar thing happened with me, I got this message from my Bitdefender Plus Antivirus Programme:

The file C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\Trados\TradosStudio2024\CustomPayload.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.6039 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

I ran the Full System Scan and it detected 3 infected files which Bitdefender disinfected. Since then I have 700 password protecetde files an uncounted number of files in quaranteen. In the meantime I have learned that there is no real threat linked to that, but it scared the crap out of me ....

Same thing for my App Store: I do not see any results when searching!

emoji
  • Hi Trados Support, 

similar thing happened with me, I got this message from my Bitdefender Plus Antivirus Programme:

The file C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\Trados\TradosStudio2024\CustomPayload.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.6039 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

I ran the Full System Scan and it detected 3 infected files which Bitdefender disinfected. Since then I have 700 password protecetde files an uncounted number of files in quaranteen. In the meantime I have learned that there is no real threat linked to that, but it scared the crap out of me ....

Same thing for my App Store: I do not see any results when searching!

emoji
Children
No Data