Error message: Failed to save target content: Sequence contains no elements

Hello,

I'm working on an xlf file and have this error message. I've had it before and understand that it comes from a problem with empty comments. Is there a way to find the segment where the empty comment problem is please as I can't see one visually at all. This is a real problem as it's probably just one comment and I'm not going to be able to save my whole target document.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks

emoji
  • "Probability score": 0.7

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more information such as the version of Trados Studio you are using, the steps you have taken to try and resolve the issue, and any recent changes to your system or software.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello,

The error message you're encountering in Trados Studio is indeed often related to empty comments in your segments. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Review" tab and select "Comments".

Step 3: In the "Comments" window, you should see a list of all comments in your project. Look for any comments that are empty and delete them.

Step 4: Try saving your target content again.

If the problem persists, you might want to follow the advice given in the context and disable the option to retain Studio target comments in the target file. Here's how you can do that:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to "Project Settings".

Step 3: Navigate to "File Types" -> "MS Excel 2007-2016" -> "Common".

Step 4: Uncheck the option "Retain Studio target comments in target file".

Step 5: Try saving your target content again.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji