How to delete auto save on One Drive

Dear all,

Due to a system change in our company I transferred my files to One Drive. As already discussed in your forum, this was no good idea.

I have now created a new project from scratch on c:, and all my TMs, Terminology, are saved there, too. However there still seems to be a connection to one drive, because when I try to save I get the message: Access to the path C\Users\xy\Studio 2022\AutoSave\xy is denied. 

I read a discussion from three month ago, see below,  where it was suggested to click:" File", "Options" and then "Files", "Default Files Locations". However, I cannot find the option "Files". Can you please help?

Your assistance is very much appreciated. 

Regards,

Ellen

EllenForum discussion on saving Trados Studio projects locally instead of on OneDrive, with a reply suggesting to create a local project.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:30 PM (GMT 1) on 17 Oct 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I read a discussion from three month ago, see below,  where it was suggested to click:" File", "Options" and then "Files", "Default Files Locations". However, I cannot find the option "Files". Can you please help?

It seems that RWS' AI has been hallucinating: the option it indicates does not exist in Studio. Sorry about that.

when I try to save I get the message: Access to the path C\Users\xy\Studio 2022\AutoSave\xy is denied.

This path is not on OneDrive, but local to your PC. You say that you are saving the file, in that case you can select the target folder by navigating to it, so simply select another folder that does exist.

emoji
  • Dear Walter,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You advise to "select the target folder by navigating to it, so simply select another folder that does exist".

However, the only option Studio offers under "File" are:"Save" (I cannot select a folder and receive the message I mentioned in my previous post) and "Advance Save" ("Save All" again does not give the option to select a folder, same message received as und "Save".). I have been selecting "Save Copy as" whichs allows me to select a folder. However, I wonder if there is another way round. 

Another problem I encounter is that when chosing "Batch Tasks" from the main menue, again I receive the message that access to the past C.....(as above) is denied. I am currently working around it by selecting "Project Settings", "Batch Processing" - However I would prefer to have the invalid path deleted. I am translating a document of 200 pages and want to make sure that the translation runs smoothly. 

Thank you for looking into this once more.

Regards, 

Ellen

emoji
  • Dear Walter,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You advise to "select the target folder by navigating to it, so simply select another folder that does exist".

However, the only option Studio offers under "File" are:"Save" (I cannot select a folder and receive the message I mentioned in my previous post) and "Advance Save" ("Save All" again does not give the option to select a folder, same message received as und "Save".). I have been selecting "Save Copy as" whichs allows me to select a folder. However, I wonder if there is another way round. 

Another problem I encounter is that when chosing "Batch Tasks" from the main menue, again I receive the message that access to the past C.....(as above) is denied. I am currently working around it by selecting "Project Settings", "Batch Processing" - However I would prefer to have the invalid path deleted. I am translating a document of 200 pages and want to make sure that the translation runs smoothly. 

Thank you for looking into this once more.

Regards, 

Ellen

emoji
Children
No Data